Your College ID card acts as a identification card for the Datapac service in the College Libraries and IT Services computer rooms. Before using the printing, scanning and photocopying service you must credit your print account, following one of the methods outlined below. Note that this service has its own PIN, separate to your College network login password.
Your print account PIN
Your print account PIN acts as a password for the Datapac service. Students will receive a randomly generated PIN which will be emailed to their College email account, from email@example.com and with the subject line ‘New PIN for Trinity Printing and Photocopying’. Guests and College staff set their own PIN when creating a guest print account.
You can use this PIN straight away, but students are advised to change their PIN to one of their personal perference.
If you lose or forget your print account PIN you must call in person to the Datapac technician with your College ID card, and he or she will generate a new PIN for you which will be emailed to your College email account.
Checking your print account balance and print history
To check your account balance and print history sign in at http://tcdprint2017.wpengine.com.
Using a print account kiosk
There are several Datapac kiosks available at which you can credit your print account. The kiosks accept the following coins: 50cent, €1 and €2. The following notes are accepted: €5, €10, €20. Please follow the instructions below, or view the video outlining how to top up your print account.
- Touch your College ID card or enter your ID number by typing it on the keypad or touch screen. Enter your print accout PIN.
- After signing in simply follow the options to credit your account: insert your cash and touch ‘Finish’ once done. When asked always print a receipt. To check your account balance at any point sign in at http://tcdprint2017.wpengine.com.
Purchasing credit online using credit or debit card
- Browse to http://tcdprint2017.wpengine.com and sign in using your student ID number and print account PIN.
- After signing in simply follow the options to credit your account using credit/debit card
Guests and Staff – create an account
Guests in the College Libraries and College staff wishing to use these services must create a print account via one of the Datapac Kiosks before being able to use the facilities. Please follow the instructions below or check out the video outlining how to create a guest account.
- At one of the Datapac Kiosks, touch ‘Guest Sign Up’
- Enter your name
- Choose a 4 digit numeric PIN code (example 1234)
- Type in your contact email address (if you don’t have an email address use firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Insert cash and touch ‘Finish’A receipt will print with your Guest ID login number; these details will be emailed to you, if you entered your email address. Use your login number and PIN at an MFD. Keep this Guest ID number and your PIN safe and you can use this when you visit again, by entering this Guest login number and PIN at the kiosk to top up, or when you top up online at www.tcdprint.ie. The account will be removed if inactive for 14 months.